1.2K views

My mother died July 20 and I am her Executor and I had her power of Attorney over. While monitoring her bank account I noticed charges from Christina Cosmetics. I called to notify them that she had passed away, and to please stop the shipments.

Instead of just cancelling the ongoing shipments, they made me fax them a copy of the Power of Attorney and still charged her card for the shipments despite her living facility returning the shipment. Two months later she has still received no credit. On top of my mother dying I have to deal with this nonsense.

Ridiculous and heartless way to run a business.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

ChristinaCosmetics
Thousand Oaks, California, United States #1179207

We are so sorry for your loss, and deeply apologize for the difficulties you may have experienced with cancelling your mother’s account. For security purposes we require documents as verification for the account, as I am sure you had to with other accounts.

We would appreciate if you would give us a call at our customer service number 1.800.543.7207 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (PST) so we can help resolve this issue and work with you one on one.

We offer our sincerest condolences to you and your family. – Christina Cosmetics

That is really horrible. Sorry for the loss of your mother and for dealing with complete idiots! Thank you for the review I know not to buy this now

Bentonville, Arkansas, United States #947380

POA's are no good after one passes. Makes me wonder about the legit of the complaint!

alienlovesong
to GrannyNoah Denver, Colorado, United States #947455

Really, GrannyNoah? Were you there?

Of course I know POAs have no validity after death which was WHY I was so confused and annoyed I had to supply it.

Before you accuse someone of lying, think a bit. Why would I complain about something if it wasn't true?I could accuse you of being a shill for the company, but I don't know you and wouldn't presume such a thing.

If you notice, other people have had similar issues.

to alienlovesong #947480

You can put a block on the card.But I wonder why weren't all the cards cancelled at the time of her death?That should have been the first piece of business taken care of to prevent fraud.And maybe you should have closed her account and opened an escrow account to cover her final bills.

alienlovesong
to mi Denver, Colorado, United States #947541

What a judgy response. This all happened months ago and after several tries they finally stopped the shipments but never returned the money despite the returned shipment.

Christina Cosmetics should have honored the request for cancellation and a refund should have been issued. Card's been cancelled, account closed.

This is the last I'm saying on the subject.

Instead of nasty comments and useless advice condolences over the death of my mother would have been nice. Compassion is truly a scarcity here.